The Kingston features a hemp upper with elastic V for easy on-'n-off, and drawstring detail around sides that ends in a toggle at the heel.
It has a suede insole with cushion for comfort and a latex insert for added arch support. It's single piece mixed rubber outsole is designed for flexibility and durability.
Bob Marley Shoe features:
- Hemp upper provides durability and comfort
- Laceless front for easy slip-on wear
- V shaped goring sewn into collar for secure fit
- Cut and sewn fabric tab displaying Rastafari colors
- Cushioned suede insole for comfort
- Latex insert adds extra arch support
- Single piece mixed rubber outsole for traction and grip
Importance of Supporting Hemp Products:
For the first 162 years of America's existence, marijuana was totally legal and hemp was a common crop. But during the 1930s, the U.S. government and the media began spreading outrageous lies about marijuana, which led to its prohibition. ("Marijuana: The devil's weed with roots in hell", "Marijuana makes fiends of boys in 30 days", “Reefer Madness”, etc.) It was banned in the USA under the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937. In a blatant case of mistaken identity, industrial hemp was banned along with it.
It is said that the motivation for the hemp ban was that new processing technologies were developed that made it a potential competitor with the newly founded synthetic fibre and plastics industries. Hemp's potential for producing paper also posed a threat to the timber and oil industries. Evidence suggests that commercial interests, having much to lose from hemp competition, helped propagate the reefer madness hysteria and used their influence to lobby for Marijuana Prohibition.
About Bob Marley:
- Bob Marley's last words to his son Stephen were "Money can't buy life."
- Bob Marley's birthday is February 6, 1945. He died on May 11, 1981.
“Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.”
Quote: Bob Marley
Review Hide Reviews
Great everyday use shoe
The price is great. Good Looks. Great Comfort. I support hemp products.