Bob Marley Sandal Features:
- The front toe tag has Marley in bold tan letters
- The sandals have a thin rasta stripe around the sole
- Cork lined foot bed
- Midsole made of EVAs
- Slip free rubber outsole interwoven with burlap
Importance of Supporting Hemp Products:
For the first 162 years of America's existence, marijuana was totally legal and hemp was a common crop. But during the 1930s, the U.S. government and the media began spreading outrageous lies about marijuana, which led to its prohibition. ("Marijuana: The devil's weed with roots in hell", "Marijuana makes fiends of boys in 30 days", “Reefer Madness”, etc.) It was banned in the USA under the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937. In a blatant case of mistaken identity, industrial hemp was banned along with it.
It is said that the motivation for the hemp ban was that new processing technologies were developed that made it a potential competitor with the newly founded synthetic fibre and plastics industries. Hemp's potential for producing paper also posed a threat to the timber and oil industries. Evidence suggests that commercial interests, having much to lose from hemp competition, helped propagate the reefer madness hysteria and used their influence to lobby for Marijuana Prohibition.
About Bob Marley:
- Bob Marley was arrested in England for possession of a joint of a marijuana in 1977.
- Bob Marley is the father, with his wife Rita of Sharon Marley Prendergast (adopted), Cedella Marley, Ziggy Marley, Stephen Marley, and Stephanie (possibly adopted). He also had seven illegitimate children Rohan born 1972 with Janet Dunn/Hunt, Robbie born 1972 with Pat/Lucille Williams, Karen born 1973 with Janet Bowen, Julian Marley with Lucy Pounder, Damian Marley with Cindy Tavares-Finson, Ky-Mani Marley with Anita Belnavis and Makeda Jahnesta who was born to Yvette Anderson/Crichton 11 days after he died in 1981.
“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I’m not perfect -and I don’t live to be- but before you start pointing fingers… make sure you hands are clean!”
Quote: Bob Marley
Reviews Hide Reviews
I like a lot
These slippers are super comfortable. Thanks Gideon! You da man!
Way better than the Rubber. Tough and comfortable.